To qualify for bar association membership in Butler County, lawyers must meet the following criteria:
ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIPSection 1: ELIGIBILITY: Any member in good standing of the Bar of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania may become a member of the Association if: (a) he or she either maintains a primary office in Butler County, Pennsylvania, for the practice of law, (b) is employed in Butler County, PA, in the legal profession, or (c) resides in Butler County, PA.A “primary” office shall mean that a lawyer spends at least 50% of his or her professional time at such office. Applications for admissions shall be reviewed by the Executive Committee prior to the motion for admission being made pursuant to Section 2 below and the Executive Committee shall make a recommendation to the Association regarding the applicant’s satisfaction of one or more of the criteria for eligibility indicated above.
Benefits of Membership:
There is tremendous benefit being among others who understand your challenges and opportunities.
BCBA is your resource for education and advocacy.
- Support and Networking opportunities to assist in running of your business
- A collaborative voice for advocacy regarding state and federal laws impacting the legal profession
- Promotion of your practice on butlercountypabar.org - Please see our full Membership Listing page for more information
- Educational opportunities both locally developed through PBI
- Low cost participation in marketing and promotional programs to help grow your business
Membership Application Form
To apply for bar association membership please view/print Bar Association Membership Application and return to the BCBA office.
If you have any questions, please call the bar office at 724.841.0130 or E-mail Janis Hackett